Click on the links below to find out more about our individual projects
High Street Heritage Action Zones (HS HAZ) are 4-year regeneration programmes funded by Historic England and local authorities designed to help revive and revitalise historic high streets. Kirkham is one of only 68 high streets in England that have been granted this funding to give its high street new lease of life. Fylde Borough Council is working closely with Historic England and partners to develop & deliver a number of schemes that will transform and restore disused and dilapidated buildings with new uses, help improve health & well-being restore local historic character and improve public realm. The Kirkham HSHAZ runs from April 2020 to March 2024. It's total value is c.£3.5m, of which Historic England grant is £1.8m and the rest match (in cash and kind) from Fylde BC and Kirkham Town Council.
The FHSF Masterplan was completed in 2020, and informed a bid for follow on funding to carry out a number of projects.
In response to the consultation and the objectives of the funding Fylde Council working with a team of consultants, Bauman Lyons, identified 8 key projects to deliver over the next 4 years:
1. Market Square: The Heart of Kirkham
2. Refurbishment of Kirkgate Centre
3. A brand new Heritage & Eco Skills Centre at Hillside
4. Kirkham Arts & Heritage Centre/Community Cinema in the Former Charity Girls School on Poulton Street
5. Enveloping Scheme to shops and properties
6. Public Realm improvements
7. Arts and Heritage Programme
8. Future development sites
These projects are explained below in more detail.